Rock Around the Clock


I am lame.  Due to work, family, weather and other reasons - including allergies that are killing me this spring - I've barely ridden a bike in over two weeks.  Well, outside anyway - excluding a cruise around the neighborhood over the weekend.

I have however hit the trainer in the garage a few times.  This usually occurs after the family has settled in - so, ah - 10:00 PM or so.  The other night it was 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM on the trainer.  Yeah - then try to sleep afterwards.  Climb off the thing soaked with sweat, ears ringing from iPod set to stun.  Perfect way to wind down before bed.

Today's torture session was a little early, 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM.  As I'm spinning along on my old RB-1, mounted on a 1980s era Supergo wind trainer, sitting in a cluttered garage, sweating away with the Ramones blasting in my ears - wonder how many other 47 year old guys are doing the same thing.

Must be at least 3 other idiots somewhere in the world rocking around the clock with me.

Then again, maybe not....