Bike Hauler Project - Just Walk Away...


Being a recovering gear head, I still occasionally cruise Craigslist and eBay looking for interesting cars and motorcycles. Not to buy, just to gawk at really. I'm a bit of the old school Volkswagen fan and get a kick out of checking Bugs, Ghias, buses and the like.

I came across this Bug last week in the local Seattle Craigslist ads. Older Bug with a Mazda RX-7 motor - pretty wild. Check out the holes punched in the hood for the radiator. Not a bad interior with Subaru STI seats either. All this for $3900. Had me thinking for a few seconds. Then I came to my senses - my fixing and tweaking with car days are long over - as in decades over.

Still, I can't helping thinking this wacked out project would be a blast. Just needs a roof rack to hold a few bikes.....