Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad


My Mom was in town to help me out with the boys while Kyle was out back during spring recruiting.  I knew that our meals were going to be AMAZING and that added to my happiness that she was down here.  She and I literally and I mean literally licked our plates after eating this salad.  It is so good, so easy and SO fast to eat.  The key with this salad is to make sure that you use heirloom tomatoes.  Eating this salad is like tasting Spring and Summer!

Heirloom Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad

INGREDIENTS

3 fresh/ripe heirloom tomatoes
8 oz. of room temperature goat cheese
1/4 cup cream
salt
pepper
chopped/toasted walnuts (for garnish)
3/4 cup fresh mint
3/4 cup fresh basil
1 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS
  • mix the goat cheese and cream together with a hand mixer and season with salt and pepper
  • place the herbs in a food processor and chop the herbs, add the oil and salt and pepper
  • with a serrated knife slice the tomatoes and toast the walnuts on the stove
  • stack up the tomatoes how you would like and dollop on the goat cheese and drizzle with the herb oil and garnish with the walnuts