Halloween 2011

Well, we survived.  Halloween is OVER!  I so wish that I was one of those people that just loves Halloween and all the spookiness and sugar highs (and lows) that come with it.  But I'm just not.  That however does not get in the way of me making sure that the kiddos enjoy everything about the "holiday".  To add insult to injury, I was plagued with a migraine the night before and the day of Halloween.  But, was able to come around to make them a special dinner and get in better spirits for the actual event!

Like any good mother, I waited until the last minute to search for Halloween costumes.  After spending one of my two days ALONE searching high and low for the perfect costume for Coltrane, I found it.  (I found Kingston's the first day)  He was with me and was SO excited when we were at the 100th Target.  When we got home, I tried to force him to wear it and he had a breakdown like I was trying to put him in tights lined with cactus needles.  Needless to say, he chose to wear a Steelers Football Player outfit, that he found in our dress-up basket.  At least he has good taste :)  Kyle was able to meet us for the last 10 minutes we were out which was such a "treat" for the boys!

Here we are:  The Hulk, A Steeler and a Married Single Mom Who Had/Has a Migraine


The boys special Halloween dinner.

Cupcakes from a fellow coaches wife Gina :)

I was going to make a special scary eyeball meatball dinner for Kyle and I, but was too exhausted, and settled with just normal spaghetti (not cool I know) but did manage to make some Bone breadsticks :)

And Trick or Treating










Over the weekend, Kingston helped me make some Halloween Smores and he even dyed some sugar orange for me!




He also had a school party this morning, so here are a few pictures from that.