Rainy Day

Woohoo!  We finally had a rainy day.  It's feast or famine down here for sure.  We had a million days without rain and then it poured for 12 hours straight.  I have been praying for a rainy day for months now.  Listening to the rain fall will forever remind me of when Kyle and I went to Paris with my parents 5 years ago.  Every afternoon we would open the windows from our hotel room and take a nap falling asleep to the sounds of the afternoon rain and would awake to the smell of fresh baked bread from a bakery.  Yet I digress...needless to say, I love rainy days (every once in a while, not Seattle style by any means) and was very happy to be having one.  The boys and I went out to play in the puddles and I caught a few shots of them, but I was too busy laughing and savoring the sounds of their laughter and the pure joy spewing from them.  We later baked cupcakes and enjoyed a movie night.  The following day, we went to a local park to walk through the nature trails and play on the playground.  All the while, enjoying the cooler weather that the rain had brought.

having SO much fun!






while they were baking :)



look at big brother watching over him :)



playing hide and "zeek" as Kingston calls it, with another little boy at the park 
showing off
These next pictures I snapped really quickly as we were finishing up in the nature trails.  I took some photos of the different textures that I kept noticing as the boys were dragging me out to go home and eat lunch :)


we saw a deer family, wish I had a zoom lens to have caught them all 

photo by Kingston
getting hungry and tired :)






"The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing that stands in the way.  Some see nature all ridicule and deformity...and some scarce see nature at all.  But to the eyes of the man of imagination, nature is imagination itself."  William Blake