So...

Exactly one more month until I turn the big 3-0!  This morning I woke up and realized that this was the beginning of the last month of my 20s.  Yikes!!!  Anyway, enough about all that, we'll get there when we get there :)

There has been a lot of brewing going on around these parts which I will get to later this week.  So, for now here's what my brood has been up to lately.

As the boys and I stumbled out of bed and wandered into the living room today I turned on some cartoons and walked directly to the kitchen to make coffee.  Something that I will probably consume more of when I'm in my 30s ;)  Once I walked back to where the boys were, I smiled not only on the outside, but on the inside, I mean, who couldn't smile at this?

Mismatched jammies-check- Coltrane because he spilled water on his sleeve as I was reading him books last night, Kingston because he still has accidents some nights.  Sleepy eyes-yep- because we had only been awake for 15 minutes (and I'm sure the glaring flash on my cell phone didn't help).  And, the Hulk mask-a staple and a new favorite of the littlest one.

So...I will admit, that I am one of those Mom's who let their kids co-sleep.  Well, not by the official Webster's definition, but I am not opposed to letting Coltrane who wakes up in the middle of the night to come and sleep with us.  This of course has caused me to sleep train so-many-times and has caused endless nights of tears, both on my end and the kids' end. (sigh) Kyle, like most Dad's I assume, is not into the whole co-sleeping idea.  Of course, it started out as, oh, he's sick it'll just be a week and ended up being an extended stay in our bed every night around the 1:30 a.m mark.  Some nights it's not until 3 or 4 a.m. and some nights it can be 11 p.m.  It's a crapshoot (much like Coltrane's mood) The other night it was an early night as the little guy has an ear infection and a slight head cold (and I'm not making excuses...really!)  Kyle went in and got him and brought him to bed with us while we watched the last of Tim Tebow's amazingness.


Moments like this are the reasons why I am so open to co-sleeping.  The weight of your sleeping child on your chest can bring you back to the realness of being.

So...it would only be appropriate to post a picture of a sake bomb taken at Kyle's second birthday dinner next.

I should also mention that they requested we NOT do them because of the beer glasses breaking.  Which upon further investigation, one of them did get a crack ;)

Mild winters are one of the bonuses of living in South Texas.  Point in case, lots of park play time.


Coltrane has learned his colors from of all things, playing CandyLand!  There is also this great book called Freight Train that he loves and each train car is a different color.

I made these pencil vases for the boys' teachers at school.  Which means that I...got a glue gun :)  I've made a couple wreaths that I will post another time and am slowly but surely finding my inner craft goddess.