Rosemary and Lemon Baked Chicken Thighs



The scent of a roasting chicken is one of those smells that can make me sigh out loud.  There is something familiar and comforting about it.  The other day I wasn't able to find an organic whole chicken so I bought some chicken thighs instead.  I took a couple things out from my usual roast chicken recipe and added wine, glorious white wine. Please excuse the picture quality because I've been having to use my cell phone since my big camera is on the mend.

Rosemary and Lemon Baked Chicken Thighs

INGREDIENTS

6 chicken thighs
3 or 4 small red potatoes (cut into bitesize pieces)
1 lemon (cut in wedges)
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves (cut in half)
salt and pepper (to taste)
3/4 cup white wine (finish the rest of the bottle while everything bakes ;)

DIRECTIONS

  • preheat the oven to 400
  • in a baking dish add the potatoes, salt and pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss
  • bake for 15 minutes
  • remove dish from oven and add the chicken thighs, lemon wedges, rosemary, remaining oil, salt and pepper and garlic cloves and wine
  • place dish back in oven and cook for about 40-45 more minutes
  • we served with a side of roasted green beans :)