Try and say that 3 times fast :) Now, we eat tacos at LEAST once a week and Mexican food about three times a week. Kyle loves chorizo and I love potatoes so I knew this would be a match made in "cielo". We love coming up with recipes that are inexpensive and we aim to make them as simple as possible. This recipe definitely falls in that category. The most time consuming part was dicing the potatoes! The BEST part about the chorizo pappas is that we added some scrambled eggs to the mix in the morning and had our very own breakfast tacos.
Chorizo Pappas con Queso Tacos
1/2 Tbl vegetable oil
10 oz. chorizo
1 small onion diced
1 lb red potatoes diced (small dice)
salt and pepper
monterey jack cheese
- dice the potatoes and boil for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, chop up the onion and set aside, add 1/2 a tablespoon of oil to a skillet on med high heat and extract the chorizo from the casing, cook for about 15 minutes and place on a paper toweled lined plate, don't be alarmed the color will be very bright :)
- pour off the extra oil and leave about a tablespoon of the excess oil in the pan, add the onions and saute for about 3 minutes and then add the cooked potatoes
- let this mixture cook for about 10 minutes and then add the cooked chorizo to the mix
- while that is cooking sprinkle some of the cheese on the flour tortillas and place in the oven to melt the cheese, place a couple spoonfuls of the chorizo pappas onto the tortillas and sprinkle some more cheese on top and fold the taco over and enjoy!