Balsamic and Garlic Pork Tenderloin


I feel so behind on posting recipes, not to mention you know, Coltrane's 2nd birthday party.  Anyway I knew if I didn't post this that it would never be posted, along with the tons of other recipe posts that I never finished but are still saved as drafts.  I'll get there one day.  Yet I digress.  We are back from vacation and back to the real world of not having extravagantly priced meals that take a million steps :(  Kyle is in the last weeks (THANK YOU GOD) of recruiting so it's just me and the little boys.  I've become accustomed to cooking 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners, it's just been a couple weeks since I've had to do that, alone.  So, I wanted to try something that I thought was mild enough that my picky eaters would like and something that would still tickle my tastebuds and basically kill three birds with one stone.  Hope you enjoy the recipe-- my boys ate every last bite!!!

Balsamic and Garlic Pork Tenderloin


INGREDIENTS


1 pork tenderloin
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS


In the morning:

  • mix the chopped garlic, oil and vinegar together
  • season pork with salt and pepper
  • rub garlic mixture onto pork and let marinate until ready to cook
After it has marinated:
  • sear the tenderloin in a medium high heat pan
  • transfer the pan into a preheated 400 degree oven and cook for 20 minutes
  • let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting