Explosions in the Microwave

Hey if anybody needs to make soap explode, I've got a microwave.  (said of course, in the tone of Romy, from Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion)  We've been anti microwave for a while now, but now have one because we're like that.  *we rarely use it, I had to throw that in there, I think today was the second time!  I saw on Pinterest and other blogs about nuking some soap and it will explode.  Since it's been over 100 degrees in Texas the past week or two, or years really, I thought now would be a good time to try an indoor activity with the boys.  So here you have it!

Step 1:  Buy Ivory brand soap


Step 2:  Cut it either into 4 pieces or 6 pieces (my microwave is on the smaller size so I chose the 6)


Step 3:  Place in the microwave for 90 seconds and watch the awe in your kids faces



This is why their faces are like that ;)  So sweet and fun!

This is the final product!  (let it sit in the microwave for about 30 seconds before opening)