School Registration


Well, it's official.  Kingston is registered for KINDERGARTEN.  What the?!?!?!?!?!  Where did the time go?  I was filling out his registration paperwork and came to a section that was about his personality and had to check boxes that fit his characteristics and then I had to write out what I was looking for in a teacher and something that would help them place him with the right teacher.  I couldn't see at one point as I was writing because tears filled my eyes, and even right now as I'm typing the same thing is happening. Good lawd, I'm a hot mess when it comes to sending him off to school.  Of course as soon as I got home, I had myself a little conversation.

Me:  "Ahhh, I forgot what I wrote, did I mess something up?"
My response to myself:  "$h!% I totally did"  

Me: "Should I have written more than just a paragraph?"
My response to myself:  "$h!%., of course I should have"

Me:  "Am I screwing him up if what I had to say puts him in with a bad teacher who is going to  pave the way for his future education?!"  

I kid. you. not.

And then I bought some wine and calmed the f*@% down.  These teachers have been teaching for years, some even decades and me, well I'm a freshman when it comes to this parenting of a school aged child.  I just can't shake these jitters.  Luckily, Kingston seems to be unfazed by the whole thing and is SO excited.  We have been talking about school and all the cool new things he'll get to do that he didn't do at pre-school.  Like, eat lunch for one thing that he is over the moon about.  He better be as I just bought him a $30 lunch box. (shhh, don't tell Kyle) Anyway, I could go on and on and on about MY fears, good God, just wait until my first day of school post... but I'll stop now before I have to get out that bottle of wine.  Next stop, school supply shopping!