Healthy Chicken Nuggets

My kids would eat chicken nuggets every day if I let them.  We use the Applegate Farm ones but let's be honest, there are about 8 nuggets in the pack and the pack itself is about $7.  Whoever invented chicken nuggets knew what they were doing because I don't know of a single kid who does not love them.  The recipe below was a big hit for my littles, Coltrane even told me that he "loves these chickens".  Kid tested, mother approved.


Healthy Chicken Nuggets

INGREDIENTS

2 organic chicken breasts (cut up into bite size nuggets)
2 heaping tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper...(all spices can be adjusted according to taste)
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
olive oil

DIRECTIONS
  • marinate the chicken pieces in the greek yogurt for a couple hours (I do mine in the morning)
  • mix spices and breadcrumbs together in a shallow dish
  • pre-heat oven to 400

  • dredge the chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs and then place on a cooling rack that is on top of a baking pan


  • I then lightly spray them with some olive oil with my Misto.  You could always pour some over or use cooking spray.


  • pop in the oven for 20 minutes and serve with your favorite dipping sauce