Green Lemonade

Kyle and I have been throwing out the idea of doing a cleanse.  I'm not sure I'm totally all on board because I enjoy the act of eating :)  Chewing food, hearing and tasting the crunch and richness of it all...perhaps that is in fact the reason why we were thinking of doing it in the first place ;).  Instead we're going to start eating as clean as possible and adding juices to our everyday diet, just not in an extreme way.  So, my first attempt at juicing was a green lemonade.  Now, I must say, it was a hit!  With the kids too!!!  I used granny smith apples and will probably not use them again because the juice was TART, but that may have been why the kids liked it so much because each sip made them squeal and laugh.


Green Lemonade

INGREDIENTS

1 cucumber
1 lemon
2 apples (I would use a sweet one like gala)
2 handfuls of spinach
5-6 stalks of kale



DIRECTIONS

  • cut up the fruit/veggies according to what your juicer directs you to and run through machine and enjoy